Use the smudge brush and eye shadow to create a softer line as seen here on Halle Berry. If you’re using a Gel eyeliner or pencil to line the eyes you can set the color with an eyeshadow of the same color or a lighter shade. This will also soften the line and give the eyes a more sultry look.
Is this look too much? We think not. That is the beauty behind creating a gorgeous smoky eye, it doesn’t always have to be done in black. Blues, pastels, purples, bronze and earth tones all do the job quite nicely. When you choose a brighter hue, consider a more subtle smoky eye as seen here on Katherine. Less is always more. Make sure to apply the color along the upper and lower lashline and blend into the crease using a sweeping motion with your brush.
Now that you've accomplished your sultry, smoky eyes, it's time to tackle the rest of your face. A smoky eye is obviously going to draw all of the attention to your eyes, which is exactly what you want.
1. Let's keep the rest of your face sheer with a glo.minerals Sheer Tint. You may apply this with your fingers, but we prefer the glo.minerals foundation brush to keep it sheer and even. The glo.minerals Sheer Tint will give you ample coverage without feeling or looking heavy, and present a flawless finish.
2. One must-have for any look, but especially great after you've darkened your eye area, is the glo.minerals Brightener Highlight Concealer Just apply a small dab under both eyes and blend into the nose area and under the eye. This will create a beautiful contrast and help open the eyes up a little more.
3. Use a subtle blush like glo.minerals sweet or sheer petal or the sunkiss Bronze to warm up your cheek area. Don't be afraid to use both a bronzer and blush, but go easy!
4. Just for fun, brush the glo.minerals Shimmer Brick in gleam across both cheeks for a shimmery finish.
5. The big finale is a lip gloss in a light pink, like glo.minerals Liquid Lips in pink ginger, or Gloss in blushing. Another option would be a subtle sparkle like glo.minerals Gloss in star struck. Blush and lip colors will depend on your skin tone and your personal preference. Just have fun and make your number one goal to feel comfortable with your new red carpet look!
Sultry Eye Options:
For an even more dramatic eye, apply glo.minerals Liquid Eyeliner (instead of using a pencil) right along the top lash line, making it slightly thicker at the outside end of the eye. Proceed with smudging the line with eye shadow and applying to lower lash line with the smudge brush, just like when you would use the pencil for lining. You may also want to (carefully) line the inner rim of the eye with the glo.minerals Precision Eye Pencil in black.
For anyone wishing to go the extra beauty mile, you can add a few individual false lashes on the outside corners of each eye and finish with two generous coats of Volumizing Mascara in black.